The Canadian Formula One Grand Prix was shaping up to be another great race, but yet again failed to deliver. Hmm.. I feel like I start every article in 2006 with this same sentence!?
Anyway, a few things were clear..
- Fernando Alonso is a great Formula One World Champion.
- Kimi Raikkonen can definitely challenge for wins if given the right equipment. However we saw a rare mistake from him during this Grand Prix. I wonder what’s on his mind? 2007?
- Michael Schumacher once again shows you can never write him off (don’t ya just hate that? )
- Ralf Schumacher once again shows he’s a clown.
- Nico Rosberg showed he’s an even bigger clown than Ralf Schumacher. Well, at least for the Canadian Grand Prix he was. Normally he’s very worth of his F1 drive.
- Jacques Villeneuve always manages to find something extra for his home Grand Prix. What a shame mobile-chicane Ralf Schumacher had to get in the way and cause such a massive accident.
- Giancarlo Fisichella did fairly well to come back after screwing up his start. Although if he kept the pace up he could have been challenging Kimi Raikkonen and Michael Schumacher toward the end.
- Juan Pablo Montoya could have had a great race. It seemed like the JPM of the Williams era was back. Shame he couldn’t keep it on track either (not many drivers could though).. Will he be in F1 next year? Probably? With a top team? Hmm.. he better work hard..
- Scott Speed – Forget Jos the Boss (Jos Verstappen), it’s Speed the Boss in Canada! Did you hear him on the radio on the grid saying ‘heads will roll’ if his engine was running hotter than his teammate Vitantonio Liuzzi’s? LOL!